Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Fresh Start

Today is June 1. Half way through the year. The beginning of summer (even though summer doesn't officially start until later in the month). A fresh start filled with sunshine and a beautiful breeze. I love it!

This day also marks a fresh start for me, a new perspective. When 2011 started, I had many goals and "resolutions" I wanted to keep. Some of them I have been successful at and others not so much. One of the things that I have really let slide is this blog. And while I'm sure no one has missed my updates, I have missed out on keeping a running "diary" of what my family has been up to. Today that changes. From this point on, its my goal to at least post a picture each day. I hope to do some writing and share my thoughts about life and updates about my kids but if life is just too busy, I hope to at least post a picture of what that day held. Sounds so simple and I'm hoping to stand by this goal. Feel free to hold me accountable! :)

I am looking forward to making some other changes in my life as well. A few of the things I want to do are:

  • Set "date days/nights" with each of my kiddos each month so that I can spend one on one time with them in an environment that is way less chaotic than the circus life we live. :)
  • Read to them every day.
  • Spend at least 30 minutes with God each day. While this should be easy because of my commitment to my Savior, I have a feeling that it will be one of the most challenging. However, I know that when I put my mind to something I can do it (I mean who would have thought that I would be gearing up for a 10k in a few weeks when last year at this time I wasn't even running yet - just thinking about it). I feel that if I can make time to take care of my physical body, then I really need to carve out time to take care of my spiritual body as well. I'm looking forward to seeing what God has to teach me.
  • Really invest in my husband and build him up - after all he is the most important relationship I have this side of Heaven.
  • Get organized and stay motivated!
I really am looking forward to implementing these changes. I think I might even start a sticker chart in an effort to show my kids that I am working on things in my life too. They have sticker charts they have to complete and I think it will be a teachable moment for them to see me struggle with daily responsibilities too. :)

Great growth for all of us!

2 comments:

  1. Great goals Brandi! You're inspiring - you really are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome goals, Brandi! my friends and I have a joke about year 31 - it's been a big year of growth for all of us...we are starting to turn 32 now and think we need some new goals as we push ahead :)

    ReplyDelete