Micah's class went to Hoffmaster State Park today to celebrate the end of the school year. It was a great day full of fun and chaos. :) We visited the Visitor Center, hiked the dunes, ate a hot dog lunch, waded (or in some kids' case swam - even though they weren't supposed to) in Lake Michigan, climbed the dunes, and stopped for ice cream @ the Whippy Dip. It was a crazy busy day with kids scattered everywhere like ants but we had a wonderful time and it was a great way to wrap up the year. I can't believe that tomorrow is Micah's last day of 1st grade. Where has the time gone?!

Micah and a couple of his buddies - these are the fellas I was responsible for. :)

Checking out the critters

Enjoying lunch
As a side note, I was part of the lunch committee for this event. I had to buy 140+ hot dogs and buns. The girls (Carli, Ella and Addi) totally couldn't believe the number of packages of each of those items I put in my cart the day we went shopping. Addison couldn't imagine anyone needing that many hot dogs. It was hilarious. :)

Dune Jumping

My almost 2nd grader!

Enjoying a cool treat at the Whippy Dip.

I always knew this kid was part monkey... ;)
A great day spent with a great kid! Love you Micah boy!
Looks like a lot of fun! Laughing about Addi and the hotdogs. :)
ReplyDelete