Friday, June 3, 2011

Carli

On to Carli... :) Carli is our sweet, naive (sometimes ditsy) little punkin'. She brings us so much laughter and joy. She is always ready to give a hug or kiss and loves to laugh and smile. She loves books and makes up stories to go with the pictures (often they are stories that come from the Bible going with pictures of fairy tales... totally makes me smile). Her favorite song to sing is B-I-B-L-E.

Carli is also the one to get in trouble over and over again for the same exact thing. You can put her in time out for doing something one minute, let her up and the next she is doing it again. Only most of the time when she is repeating bad behaviors its not like she is being defiant, but more like she totally forgot that she just got in trouble for that exact thing (hence the ditsy reference). :) This is infuriating and hilarious at the same time. However, let me tell you that this child is in no way not smart. Her vocabulary is booming, her imagination is fantastic, and she understands and does SO. MANY. THINGS. She just lacks a bit in the common sense department. This is what we are working on these days. :)

This picture really shows Carli's personality. She looks at you with those little squinty eyes and half smile right before she's about to something new or naughty. ;) I love this about her. This is completely HER look and none of the other kiddos have done anything like it. 100% Carli girl.

Carli is NOT shy. She LOVES people and will lead the charge to say "hi" to any stranger on the street. She is so outgoing and friendly. She has bright eyes that sparkle when she laughs and very rarely is she in a bad mood.

Like Ella, Carli is a blessing and we adore her. These two are quite a pair and we feel so lucky to have been chosen by God to have twins. Its by far the hardest parenting we've ever done but the lessons we are learning through teaching them are amazing. When I am fighting with them over the same naughty behaviors day in and day out I begin to think, "this is what it must feel like to God when I keep doing the same things wrong over and over." One huge difference however, He doesn't get frustrated or angry and extends grace and mercy every time. THIS is what I am working on... :) I know I will never reach the mark but I do look forward to the challenge of trying each and every day.

~ Philippians 3:14

No comments:

Post a Comment