Saturday, June 4, 2011

Addison

Addison is our super sweet spirited child. Don't get me wrong, she definitely has her "sour" days but over all this little girl is full of life and joy. She always has a song in her heart and you can usually hear her singing away at any given point in the day. She sings through her chores, shower, getting dressed, playing outside, ALL the time. She makes up her own praise and worship songs and honestly loves to sing with all her might to Jesus. She is a very spiritual little girl and prays better than some adults I know. She is full of conviction and often pushes me to do better in my walk with Christ. After a particularly rough start one morning Addi said to me, "You know Mom, we learned in church that "a kind word turns away wrath and a harsh word stirs up anger." I didn't enjoy getting reprimanded by my 4 year old but she did have a point...

Addison loves to be outside and her latest interest is bugs. This totally grosses me out and I've said so on a few occasions. As a result, the other day she told me that she didn't like bugs anymore and that they were "yucky". I knew she was only trying to please me so we had a nice chat about how she doesn't have to like what I like all the time and vice versa. I told her it was okay to like bugs and she was so happy! For whatever reason she loves to hold ants, study ladybugs, and watch spiders. At least I know who to yell for when one gets too close to me. :)

Addi is getting ready to start kindergarten next year. I can't believe that she's that old already. She will be going to school with Micah and is so excited. We have been practicing her spelling and letter recognition and its so fun to watch her realize that she knows so much more than she thinks. She really is super bright, has fantastic, thoughtful conversations, and adores puzzles. She's a great big sister and always wants to help. I worry about her getting overlooked as our middle child and pray daily that I can find ways to foster her talents and abilities for the Kingdom.

Such a wonderful example of childlike faith that totally challenges this adult heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment