Sunday, June 5, 2011

Micah

Where do I begin when talking about Micah? He has grown so much in this past year. Its totally amazing to see how far he has come. Micah is about to finish 1st grade and has made some fantastic friendships this year. I have a feeling that the group of boys that he is friends with now will continue to be his buddies all the way through his time in elementary school. That is one of the positives about attending a charter school. There is not much change in a "class" of students past 1st grade. They will all stick together as long as they attend this school. This is nice for the parents too because we get to see all the kids grow and change and we know who our children's friends are. At any rate, Micah is really excelling in school. He thrives on the routine of it all and is an amazing reader. He reads full chapter books now and his spelling and grammar have improved dramatically. He is also doing really well in math. Since he does the grade level work so well, his teacher started sending home challenge homework each week. He is now doing multiplication tables up to 5s. I didn't learn this stuff until 3rd grade! I can't believe it.
In addition to doing well in school, Micah has grown a lot physically as well. He lost 4 teeth this year, is outgrowing his clothes, and eats like a teenager. He can polish off two cheeseburgers, fruit, veggies, and dessert and still not be full. I wonder what he will be like when he really is a teen! I better start saving now. :) He is also growing spiritually and emotionally. I love watching the differences in my kids. Where Addi is outright with her faith and emotions, Micah is more reserved but is more apt to please. He is a typical first born and a typical boy. He leads his siblings well and they look up to him and want to do everything he does. I know this annoys him but I think secretly he loves it too. He loves to play outside (especially sports).
If you've spent any time around Micah, you know he loves to make people laugh. This gets him in trouble from time to time but overall brings us much laughter. He is lighthearted and has a great sense of humor (although the humor he has with his friends is pretty ridiculous :) ). He is very tenderhearted and wants to do what is right. He has learned some pretty powerful lessons this year about lying, friendship, obedience, leadership, and integrity. I love watching him grown and thrive. Micah reminds me to live in the moment and take time to enjoy the little fun moments life has to offer. I am so thankful for my firstborn baby boy! What a true blessing indeed.

PS - I know Addison is the only child that I didn't use professional pictures for in her post. The reason is because her Birthday is in August and she doesn't have recent prof pictures - just her 4 year shots. Micah and the twins just had theirs done in February and so they were still good enough to use. :) I didn't want anyone to think I just skipped out on Addi. ;) Also - now that you are caught up on the kiddos, my blog posts will become more about life in general. I look forward to journaling our life and hope you enjoy journeying with us!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment