Monday, June 13, 2011

Getting Ready to RUNble

Then...

Now...


If only I looked this happy while I am running 6.2 miles around Reeds Lake... Especially on the up hill portions (which I swear there are more and more of each time!)... My first 10K race is coming on June 25. I only have one more long run left! Tonight's run was a good one and I finished strong. It would be great if race day had weather like this!

At any rate, my 10K will be close to the one year anniversary of when I started my running/weight loss plan. Its amazing that I've made it this far. I look back at my logs from those early days and I remember with vividness that I felt like I was going to DIE. I still feel like that some days but at least they are fewer and farther apart. Goals have been reached, my family is proud, and I feel great. I am not saying all of this to get a pat on the back or anything like that. I am simply saying that if I can do this, anyone can. I mean it! I was the least motivated person I knew and the heaviest I had ever been when I started getting serious and the hard work (and much prayer and pleading with God for endurance) has paid off. For those of you out there who are struggling in this area, push yourself a little more each time. Track your progress and watch the results. I promise it will be worth it! God is good and will be with you every step of the way. Not only has my physical health improved because of running, my spiritual life has grown stronger too. I use my running time as time to pray and worship. It really makes a run go faster (most of the time). Try it! You might just like it!

Press on friends!!
Romans 12:1-2

2 comments:

  1. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. You are inspiring! Hope you do well with your 10k!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, brandi! i'm really struggling with this whole running thing right now, so it's nice to see the payoff in picture form.... it's hard for me to find the motivation when i'm out there running and that gets so discouraging, but i'm gonna keep at it.... and, by the way, you look great!

    ReplyDelete