Thursday, March 17, 2011

Random Picture Post

Since I've been so terrible at blogging, this is my attempt at catching up. :) Enjoy the TON of pictures that follow! :)

Addi took a field trip to Gymco with her preschool. She loved trying all the equipment. The one that brought her the most amazement was the balance beam. They had three levels of beams and when she went up on the highest (the professional one) she was terrified (even though she LOVES balance beams). The first time across was a little bit of torture for her. But when she got to the end and jumped off, she was totally game for doing it again - ALL BY HERSELF. I LOVE that about her! :) I only have video of the beam but I love the picture below of her flipping over the cushion. :)

February held a record breaking blizzard for Michigan. The night the storm came in we spent time at a local play place catching up with old friends who were visiting from Colorado. Trisha - the tallest one in the picture below has twin girls too! Between the 5 couples that were there, there were 15 kids!
I love these girls!
The storm came in fast and furious and by the end of the evening this is how much snow we had:
The next day everything was shut down - even Jason had a snow morning! We declared pajama day at our house!
Micah and Addison LOVED all the snow.
They dug tunnels and paths all over the yard.
The end result of Blizzard 2011 at our house: 23.5 inches! SO.MUCH.SNOW.
February also held our first annual Alexander Family Valentine's Day Dinner. Jason and I fixed a fancy dinner for the kids. But before dinner, the kiddos created this fabulous car art. :)

After we cleaned up the cars, we sat down to our fancy feast. Addison was amazed that she got to drink from a "real glass cup." Her exact words were, "I never dreamed I would ever drink from a real glass cup!" Too cute. At any rate, we had so much fun we declared that we will do this every year moving forward. I love starting new family traditions.


I love this picture of sweet Carli girl and me! She is getting so big!
Ella already has her own since of style...
Of course we've had to enjoy some sledding ...

Going down...
Coming back up! Or should I say crawling back up?!
Micah couldn't get enough even after he had face full after face full of snow.
Addison loves doing work in her work books - especially when Micah is doing his homework at night. ;)
Ella "reading" the Bible. :) We start early here! ;)
Jason put Carli in this bag and toted her around while everyone was working at the table. Of course each child had to have a turn in the bag (Ella is in this picture). They all fit. Even Micah. Totally cracked me up.
February also held an award for Micah. His school does a Moral Focus Award each month. February's moral focus was Courage and Micah won! He had some challenges in February at school that he faced bravely head on even though he was scared. His teacher knew how hard it was for him and how much courage it took to do what was right. He really was very deserving of this award and we were very proud! Such a WONDERFUL boy!




Whew! I think we're caught up (for now)!

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment