I love my children. Adore them even. However there are a few things that I have found that I really hate doing since I've become a mom. Like....
Cleaning up spilled milk. I know you aren't supposed to cry over this, but seriously spilled milk (or spilled any liquid really) is awful! It splats ALL.OVER.THE.PLACE. Its sticky. And let's be honest, the spill is usually 100% avoidable. I hate HATE cleaning up spilled milk (even if, especially if, its mine)!
Sand. Before becoming a mom sand was not one of my favorite things but I at least knew how to manage it and keep it out of the car or house after a day at the beach. Now, I'm convinced Lake Michigan has a few pounds less on its shore this season. And like spilled milk, sand gets everywhere. You find it for days in places you didn't know existed... Grrr... to sand!
Mopping/Sweeping floors. Let's face it, I didn't like this chore before children. Now I get to do it 10x more.
Wiping other people's body parts. Noses, bottoms... 'Nough said.
Matching socks. There are just SO many of them. I am very thankful its summertime and we aren't wearing them as much right now. :) This will be a chore pawned off on the little people of this house very soon.
Now please don't get me wrong... Again - I love, love, LOVE my kids. I'm not complaining about them at all. As a matter of fact, these daily chores that I hate doing are more than made up for by the smiles, hugs, kisses, "I love yous", refrigerator artwork, and the list goes on and on. I do the things I dislike knowing that it won't always be this way. I do the things I hate and even smile because this time is precious and one day I'll wish these days weren't gone (maybe?? I really don't know if I'll miss these chores... ;) ). I love that fact that when I look back, I won't remember that I hated doing these things as much as I will remember the love in our house and the laughter we share. In the meantime, I will try and put on a happy, patient face the next time I clean up spilled milk.
I hear ya with the spilled milk...all. over. the. walls.
ReplyDeletefirst of all... i think the phrase "don't cry over spilled milk" was first spoken about expressed breast milk. because i really did cry the first time i spilled that stuff!! and second... sweeping... ugh!! i have actually asked nate if we could rip out the existing kitchen floor and just install grates. all the food/dirt/playdoh/barbie shoes would fall right through and i would never have to see it again!!
ReplyDelete