The routine works
You see bath/bedtime has been one of Jason's joys since Micah was a tiny babe. After a day spent away from the kids, he loves this devoted time with each of them. I can probably count the number of times I've actually had to do the evening routine. He is the master of these tricks and while I can do it all, he is far better. As I watch, my heart just bursts. I LOVE this man. I LOVE that he loves spending this precious time with the kids. The baths, the stories, hearing about their days. The prayers, the songs, the laughter. He treasures it all and takes it all in. I treasure the man that thinks this is important. I praise God for the gift my kids have in their Daddy.
8 o'clock comes and the girls march up the stairs. I smile. Mismatched pajamas and backwards nightgowns float away from me. Laughter erupts from the top of the stairs and my eyes tear a bit. It won't always be this way. We won't always have these moments. But today I do. Today I have the pleasure of watching everything unfold...and in the tomorrows... well, I'll have the memory! And for that, I am more than blessed.

Whst a great daddy!!
ReplyDeleteAnd because you realize this, it makes you a great Mommy! (A relaxed one too!) Way to go Jason - spending time with the kids AND giving the wife a much needed break!
ReplyDeletePrecious times.
ReplyDelete