Her story began on a hot summer night 6 years ago. I was sound asleep when a sudden tell-tale "pop" made me jump out of bed just as my water broke. It was 2:30 or so in the morning. We headed to the hospital and got settled in. Everything was going well and labor was progressing nicely. Then Addison decided she was bored. That she wanted to shake things up a little. Her heart rate dropped into the 30s a couple of different times. I was put in several different crazy positions trying to "fix" whatever the problem was. (I am so glad there were no cameras rolling or clicking away. The pictures would haunt me for the rest of my life, I'm sure!) When nothing changed, we were rushed to an emergency C-section where all I could think about was, "Is my baby going to be ok?" and "Is this going to hurt?" I think I asked the anesthesiologist a million times if he had done what he needed to do to make sure I wasn't in pain and could be awake as my precious girl was born. Then there she was! In all her new baby glory with her umbilical wrapped snugly around her neck two times and down over her shoulders like a pair of suspenders (I have a picture but thought I would spare you here... However, I am more than happy to show anyone who wants to see it. Its pretty amazing what she had going on there...). She would have died if we gave birth the natural way and I would have likely bled out too. I am so thankful for a wise doctor who made decisions just as they needed to be made and safely delivered our Addi girl to us. God is so faithful. The fun didn't stop there though... Addi got nicked by the doctor's scalpel during the C-section. She was born bleeding and needed stitches. Thankfully, my doc's husband was a plastic surgeon who specialized in pediatrics. We were in good hands. Everything was taken care of. We are no worse for the wear. Again - God is good! :)
If you know Addison, it has to make you smile that she came in to this world in such a crazy, busy, dramatic way. It matches her pretty perfectly. Our girl loves to be busy, walks to the beat of her own drummer and LOVES the drama of life. She is also tenderhearted and kind and has a laugh the comes from her soul. She LOVES Jesus and music. The two go together well. She writes her own praise songs and believe she'll be a rockstar for Him someday. :) Who knows? Maybe she's right! This much is true though, she is one of a kind, our Addi. We adore her! Look at how much she's grown!
Happy 6th Birthday, Precious Girl! I treasure you dearly. Always keep your "sparkle" and remember "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living...My baby you'll be!"







No comments:
Post a Comment