The girls are LOVING that they can pick out their own clothes... I tend to hate it. :) I know that they need this independence so I bite my tongue (mostly) and resist the urge to make them change (most of the time - depending on that day's adventures). After all what does a little mismatching hurt (besides this mama's nerves)? We do talk about what matching looks like and that we wear nice clothes when we go out. However, the response when I gently reminded them that these outfits didn't match? "We don't care, Mama! We love these clothes!" And I love them! :)
Cute girls! They always look very pulled together for church, and this is adorable for play times. :)
ReplyDeletei'm with ya, brandi!! ee hasn't let me pick out her clothes since she was about 2... and she's not even my most independent child!! so every morning i walk out the door without uttering a single word about the clothes on their body (except church days and really special events!) i agree that it's so hard (for this control freak) to just let it go. however, sometimes i'm super impressed with the looks they put together!! :) so i just pray that if i allow this now, it will mold them into independent women that don't want to be and look like everyone else :)
ReplyDelete