Thursday, August 9, 2012

Book Lover's Day

Today is Book Lover's Day!  You know those things with actual bindings and pages that you have to turn?  It baffles my mind to think that my grand-kids most likely will not own bound books in their time unless they are considered antiques. :)  I actually really LOVE books.  The real kind in tangible form.  There is just something about holding on to the book while reading and actually turning the pages that I am not quite ready to give up yet - they way it feels, the way the pages smell.  Call me weird, but its who I am.

At any rate, in honor of Book Lover's Day, I thought I would post my current reading list.  These are books I currently have in my possession that I plan to read this year.  Some of them will be read quickly (thanks to library time lines and book club), others are going to take awhile (and may even be pushed to the bottom of the pile by my growing Shelfari list).  I love the diversity of the reads, the challenge, and even the "dessert" of the easy, you-know-how-its-going-to-end titles.  All in all I just LOVE reading and wish I had even more time to do it!


I am super thankful to have passed on my love of reading to my kids.  Through my job, I know not all children get the privilege of owning books or even learning how to read.  We are blessed by shelves of books at home and kiddos who love to spend hours reading them.  I love that they get super excited by trips to the library!  I hope they continue to enjoy these treasures all of their days.
 

It has been so much fun watching Micah's love of reading really develop over the past year.  He now reads chapter books and loves to spend hours reading for fun.  He reminds me of me when I was a kid. :)  Here is his current reading list, complete with Lego Magazine as his most prized reading material. ;)


 There are a couple of hours left of Book Lover's Day.  Go grab a good book (in paper form of course) and get reading!  While you are at it, let me know what some of your favorite reads have been lately.  Perhaps I'll be inspired to add to my ever growing list!

1 comment:

  1. Safely Home by Randy Alcorn
    The Red Tent- Anita Diamante
    Gone with the Wind- Margret Mitchell
    Divine- Karen Kingbury
    The Mountain Between Us- Charles Martin
    The Year of Living Biblically- AJ Jacobs
    Choosing To SEE- Mary Beth Chapman
    I don't know if you've read any of these, but I know we've never talked about them and they are some of my favorites!
    Happy Reading!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete