Tuesday, July 3, 2012

One of those days...

Its been one of those days... You know, the one where as soon as your feet hit the floor you are busy.  For me, the day started at 5am because I had to be at work by 6.  I worked for 9 hours before heading home to my circus.  When I got home I was greeted by my performers with gusto and hugs (and whining and fighting and pleads for candy and TV).  The rest of the evening sped by with dinner, me leaving to spend some time with good friends, Jason staying home to battle play with the kids and give baths.  I came home, stories were read, and now here I sit at my blog.  Whew!  Definitely one of those days...  But I love it.  Truly, TRULY love it. 

This day also held a successful day of work.  It held lots of fantastic cuddles and hugs amid the chaos.  It held laughter and joy as my kids danced to their worship cd in the living room.  It held quality time with GREAT friends and great jokes shared between me and my sweet husband that no one else would find funny.  Today held LIFE.  And for that I am SO very thankful.

I have been hit from many sides lately about the importance of slowing down, living intentionally, and clearing the clutter from my life and that of my families.  Blog after blog, mom after mom, discussion after discussion all center around slowing down. Even being "un-American" maybe. I think I am finally beginning to see that less is really more.  Even though I love a good task list and am driven by getting things completed, I really need to slow down and enjoy these precious moments.  I am not promised there will be more.  I want my husband and kids to remember me as someone who took time for them.  Who knew how to laugh and really enjoy life.  Who let crazy pieces of paper notes be stuck to the walls, even though its not neat and clean, because the little people that live here say that they are messages of love.  I don't want them to say I was always busy at work or doing work at home or cleaning or .... the list goes on.  I am convicted and I am thankful that I can make changes and slow down.

Today I am very thankful to have had one of those days...

5 comments:

  1. You have a way of putting life into a perspective for me that not many can. Now I need to go hug the crazies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! And love that picture! I fail so many times throughout the day but I'm hoping the fact that I keep on trying counts for something! Enjoy your holiday with your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! It worked! :) You are the bloggy master! ;)

      Delete
  3. One of those days that hold life - I LOVE that! I always feel like whenever I am going through a 'thing', I see other people going through it (some a little further, some not quite as far) in this bloggy world we hang out in :) I'm thrilled to be one of the people you saw shouting the slow down message. It's an irony, but the place where we think we will miss everything - the slow place - is where IT all happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jen! So sorry to hear about your church! Praying for you all as you plan and move forward.

      Delete