What do you notice about this picture??? JASON! He is in every. single. one. And we are so blessed.
If you look back to posts from a year ago you'll see that Jason is hardly in any of the pictures posted. He was hardly part of our family. He worked. And worked. And worked. In June of last year God led Jason and I down a dark road called "The New Job"(insert scary, dreadfilled music here). We had prayed about it and really felt that this is where He wanted us to be. However, we didn't know what was in store. We were told that this company was family oriented and that it would provide more financial freedom, more time with family, and more personal fulfillment than any job at the bank could. We were fooled. Jason worked crazy hours. We barely saw him and when we did, he was in front of a computer or in a book, studying and working the days away. He even missed most of our family vacation. It was HARD. But God is good. All the time! Even as Jason struggled and our family dynamics changed, God taught us precious lessons. Lessons we most likely wouldn't have learned any other way. We needed to be refined and this is the way God chose to do it.
Now here we are! After much prayer and some prompting, Jason quit his hellish job and now is working back at a bank where he is appreciated and excelling. He comes home happy at night, is here for dinner, enjoys the weekends, and is able to relax and NOT think about work when he is home. Life is back to normal, life is happy, life is GOOD. I am no longer a single parent and the marriage/parenting journey is far, FAR better with two. Imagine that! Through it all we have learned so much about what really counts: that time really is precious, the small stuff isn't worth fretting about, that we really can do ALL things through Christ and that outside of Him, our family {which includes our dear friends} is all that really matters in life. Although I didn't enjoy the journey, I do appreciate the outcome. And I appreciate Jason even more!
Live.Laugh.Love.

ahhhh, we have been down this road too! Matt switched dealer groups for about a year and it was tough! he's back where he started (kind of) and the best part is having a happy husband at the end of the day :)
ReplyDeleteIt is TOTALLY the best part! Not only does it make for a happier family but I actually feel like I can have a bit of a life again. :) Hence the ability to blog once more.
Delete