Saturday, July 21, 2012

Cook's Privilege

In our house we have what is called "Cook's Privilege".  The person doing the cooking/baking gets the explicit right to lick the bowl and doesn't have to share.  I created this "privilege" when I began doing the majority of the baking for our family when I was in middle/high school and the tradition continues to this day.  I'll admit that even though I am all for eating healthy, working out, and maintaining my weight, I am *still* a super sucker for brownie batter and cookie dough.  I often claim "Cook's Privilege" to the dismay of my tiny (and not so tiny...ahem...Jason) counterparts.  This morning however, I was NOT the cook!  Instead, I had double the fun while having Carli and Ella make brownies for part of our Sunday afternoon dessert.  While they thoroughly enjoyed pouring in the ingredients and cracking the eggs (although I didn't thoroughly enjoy picking eggshells out of the bowl :) but they have to learn sometime!), the best part for them by far was Cook's Privilege! 

Pure delight!  This is what I look like in my mind's eye when I am the one licking the bowl...
Much cleaner... More like her Daddy.
They loved every.single.lick!
Happy Saturday!  Go and enjoy some Cook's Privilege yourself... Or maybe just the brownie... or even better some ice cream! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment