Friday, July 6, 2012

It all started with some fish...{The Story of Us}

Once upon a time a girl was moving a friend out of their dorm.  She was carrying an armful of fish (from an aquarium, stacked in bowls up to her chin) down 4 flights of stairs when she was introduced to a boy by another mutual friend.  The meeting was brief,  insignificant even, since the fishy quality of life was hanging in the balance.  Little did the girl know that this meeting would actually change her life forever.  That May day, that insignificant introduction, led me to the love of my life, my best friend, my partner in this circus act.  This boy is the man of my dreams.  I adore him and can't imagine life without him.  He is indeed a treasure that I thank God for daily.

Jason and I will be married 11 years this Saturday!  To celebrate, here's a walk down memory lane, showing through pictures, the story of us...

Our first Christmas together
Winter fun!
Jason graduates from AU
Engagement Photos!
OUR WEDDING DAY!
One of many Christmases
My graduation from GVSU
Recovering from sleepless nights with our first infant...
Waiting in line for Space Mountain at Disney World
Sailing!
7/7/07 - A super special date! :)  Too bad it was our 6th anniversary and not our 7th!
Super cheesy smiles - still having fun!
Grand Haven celebrating our anniversary
Whitecaps!  We love West Michigan!
10 years!!  Celebrating in Hawaii!  A goal we had from day 1! :)
Florida vacation in May!


So excited for all the blessings we have seen the past 11 years.  Through good times and bad, God has been so faithful and I can't imagine anything being different.  I LOVE THIS MAN! (imagine shouting in the streets, reminiscent of a Hallmark commercial years ago)  Still amazed that we have gone from the girl and boy in the stairwell with fish, to this....

photo credit: Dizzy J Photography

What a wonderful journey... Where will the road lead next?

I love you, Babe!  Here's to you!
XXOO

1 comment: