Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Its ALL about the attitude...


Yes.  That adorable little girl up there is me.  And yes.  She has an attitude problem.  Not much has changed since those days... ;) 

In all seriousness, it has been said that a little attitude (to the positive OR negative) can make a HUGE difference.  I'll be honest, lately my attitude hasn't been all that great.  The weather is cold which makes running hard to do outside, which makes it take longer, which makes me not want to do it.  Work is stressful with job responsibilities shifting all over the place and trying to find the niche that is going to work for everyone.  Home life is stressful at times as I try to fit everything in with church, work, and chores while still trying to give of myself to my Quiet Time, Jason and the Kids.  I have many balls in the air, in the dark, and I don't really know what's next.  For a planner/organizer kind of person like me, this all equates to a VERY bad attitude...  And I know it.  I told Jason yesterday that I know my attitude stinks but I don't really have the energy (or quiet frankly the desire) to change it.  Do you ever have those days?!  You know the ones where you just kinda want to be grumpy? 

Well that was yesterday... And this is today.  By last night I had decided (through much prompting of the Holy Spirit I'm guessing since He's good like that) that I needed an attitude adjustment.  I was fully aware that even though my circumstances may not change anytime soon, my attitude needed to or there were going to be some serious problems.  So I prayed.  Jason prayed (pleaded with God I'm guessing ;) ).  And today was different.  I still don't have the answers I wish I had.  I still don't have a decreased stress level (although I DO have a Girls Only weekend with some friends starting Friday and I can't wait!! I'm giddy like a school kid for Friday to come!) and I still have a long list of tasks that need accomplished.  However one thing has changed, and that is my attitude.  I have decided that with God's help, I am going to be positive.  I am not going to get bogged down by the things of this world.  He has promised that though "He might let me bend, He won't let me break."  I am going take Him at his word.  And I'm going to smile (even if its sometimes forced) while I do it because the saying is right, A little positive attitude DOES make a HUGE difference and I'm going to be a part of making a difference today (even if it kills me *wink*).


1 comment:

  1. I had a bad attitude yesterday evening. I hate when I'm grumpy because I like to be happy. I begrudgingly got out my Bible and flopped it on the kitchen table telling the Lord to speak to me as I turned the pages. And He didn't speak as I thought he would (telling me to be content), but He showed me verses about His salvation and how we need to be sharing His word with others. The most important thing. I got in bed still feeling grumpy, but then got to unload a little on Nate before we fell asleep. I feel much better today. God is good.

    ReplyDelete