Sunday, January 13, 2013

Project 52 : Week 2 : New

Project 52 kicks off this week with the word "new".  I am so thankful for this project and the accountability it brings.  I haven't had a minute of extra time to really think through a blog post for this week but knowing that there are others counting on me to do something has been great for pushing me along.

So "new"... You could go so many different directions with this word.  I could show you a picture of my new nephew pup, Captain.  I could slip in a photo of a new recipe I tried last night.  I could capture the newness of the fresh winter snow.  I could post a pic of my calendar for 2013 and talk about how the new year offers so many new chances at doing this or that better (which I seriously almost did).

Then I prepared the lesson for the 1st/2nd graders I had the joy of teaching in church this morning.  The theme of the lesson you ask?  Being made NEW in Christ.  The lesson revolved around the miracle of a caterpillar becoming a beautiful butterfly and how Jesus cleansing our hearts is an even bigger miracle still.  And while my butterfly doesn't even come close to showing the beauty of God's creatures (couldn't hop outside and snap a photo of one this afternoon so the one on the wall of my girls' room had to do), the message is still the same.  I have been made NEW.  I am a NEW creation because I am in Christ.  The old is gone and the NEW has come.


I had a blast teaching the kids today.  They are super energetic and full of smiles and excitement over discovering new Truth (just ask any of them, my Addison being one, about the 2000 pigs from the story) .  Today though, it was a great reminder for ME.  I pray they learned something but I am thankful for the tug on my heart strings to remember that I am bought with a price and need to live like the new creation I've been made to be.

Here's to a new year filled with new goals, new adventures, and new ways to really LIVE life!

And don't forget to hop on over to "Some Pictures" to see how Laurel has captured "new" this week!

3 comments:

  1. I like it! I alternate teaching a K/1 Sunday school class with 2 other girls. It takes me that long to recover. It's like wrangling cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny! I feel that exact same way when I teach my 4 year old girls' class! I think having 2nd graders with the 1st graders makes a huge difference. They are much more able to focus and lead the way for the younger kids. I can't believe the difference a year (or two) makes. Today though after the story we had an airport's worth of paper airplanes flying around so I guess in some ways the cats were back. :)

      Delete