Where has the time gone?! Look at this chubby cheeked, adorable kiddo...
It doesn't even look like Micah! :)
Last night I was in the mood for a game of "remember when" so Jason and I pulled out Micah's scrapbook from his first year (yes, he is the only one of my four with a completed scrapbook. I was never going to be one of those moms who doesn't finish (or start) the others, but alas I am... Maybe someday!) and I couldn't get over how much the baby boy in the pictures looks almost nothing like the young man I have in my home today. He is growing up so much. I mean really, take a look!!
I am reminded of how much has changed on a daily basis as the questions and birthday requests get harder and grander. We've gone from "Can I have a new football for my birthday?" to "When can I get a cell phone? How about facebook?" YIKES! How about I just freeze time right here and now where my boy isn't yet two whole hands old and we don't have to deal with these things?!
*Sigh* I know I can't actually freeze time.
*Sigh* I know he is going to continue to grow.
So today, on his 9th Birthday, I am going give MY list of what I wish for Micah this year:
Sweet Boy I wish for you...
To be a good friend to everyone. Even when its hard. You do this amazingly well already. I learn from watching you interact unconditionally with the boys in your class. I'm not saying you have to like everyone but you do have to be kind and treat others the way you want to be treated.
To learn more about Jesus and his unconditional love for you. Learning this now will make knowing its true when you're older so much easier.
To learn and keep memorized your multiplication tables. :) Believe it or not, you'll need them forever and you'll be so glad you paid attention to what Mrs. Wilson was teaching you.
To continue to love reading! You get that from me and I smile on the inside every time I see you with your nose in a book.
To keep being willing to try new and different things. You went out on a limb by yourself to do the Master Arts play and it was amazing. Keep being brave! There are many rewards (and I'm sure bruises) ahead as you put yourself out there.
To love your family more than anything else. Your God given playmates should be a priority. The respect you have and show for Mom and Dad are cornerstones for what's down the road. Learn from your mistakes. Have fun! :)
To memorize Scripture. There is a verse for everything and every situation. I promise.
To learn to flip turn in a pool... Because you want to. :)
To enjoy living in what TODAY has to offer. Live fully. Laugh. Play. Joke. Run.
You are my favorite boy in the world!!
Happy Happy Birthday Micah boy!! We are so thankful for your leadership among your sisters, your selfless heart, your love for others and your laughter and sense of humor. You bring us SO. MUCH.JOY! Here's to another great year ahead. I love you to the moon and back and then some! :)










Brandi...great list of wishes for your boy and many of them are evident in how you & Jason parent. Micah is a great kid and so fun to watch as he continues to grow and discover what God has for him. Happy Birthday Micah!!!
ReplyDeleteAwww...Thanks Sarah!
DeleteSo sweet, Brandi! Thanks for letting us in on your birthday wishes for Micah. He's lucky to have you as his mom. :)
ReplyDelete