Friday, September 28, 2012

So Long September

Time is racing by and I am in full sprint mode trying to keep up!  Thankfully as September is set to wrap up, life is falling into a predictable (although very fast paced) routine.  Hopefully that means I will be able to blog more than once a week and finish the stack of books on my headboard waiting to be read - but I won't count on it!

September Memories
  • Annual Labor Day Camping Trip with our Foundations family
  • School starts and off into the big world went my sweet 1st grader and my adventurous 3rd grader
  • A family getaway weekend to Ludington
  • Jason quit 5/3 Bank and got a Branch Manager position with Chemical Bank in Dutton (a job he has been waiting for and is thrilled with)
  • Numerous playdates (my kids keep my calendar full)
  • Precious, long time friends join us for dinner after months of being crazy busy - we finally get to catch up!
  • Big changes at work bring new stresses to my life - Say a prayer for that one. :)  
  • Wednesday Night programming kicks off at church, adding another ball to the air
  • All of my favorite TV shows premiered!!
  • Soccer started and Jason says I am perfecting the "soccer mom" role as I stand on the side lines with my hot beverage cheering each week.
  • Date nights!
  • Art Prize!
  • Birthday dinner!
  • Girls Nights!
Whew!  No wonder I feel like I'm a hamster in a wheel...  Even though that list is full of GREAT things, I am very much looking forward to a bit less busy October before heading into the whirlwind of the holidays.  I'm so thankful for a God who sticks close and allows me to cling to Him in these stressful (in both good and bad ways) times.  Once again, a recent devotional from Jesus Calling couldn't have been more perfect.  It stated,

"Relax in MY everlasting arms.  Your weakness is an opportunity to grow strong in awareness of My Almighty Presence.  When your energy fails you, do not look inward and lament the lack you find there.  Look to Me and My sufficiency; rejoice in My radiant riches that are abundantly available to help you."

I know I am not alone in the adjustment to a new school year and all the activity fall brings.  I hope you can find encouragement in the above words and can find a few minutes to simply rest in His presence each day and be recharged. 




No comments:

Post a Comment