| photo credit |
Nowadays I can't imagine living anywhere else (even when I get the itch to move South, I still can't imagine actually moving away from here)! Grand Rapids is a fantastic city and it offers SO much to show and experience with our family. For instance, for those of you not from around here, we are in the midst of ArtPrize. Once a year our city becomes a huge art gallery. Artists from all over the world come and display their talent for two weeks and Grand Rapids goes crazy. Its fantastic!
This past weekend we went "to the town", as Ella says, and enjoyed taking in the sites. These are some of our favorites...
Jason really loved this piece...
(Sorry I don't know all the names and I don't intend to look them up right now.. :)
Addison & Carli loved this (just for you Dad!)
Micah and Ella loved this one
(even though she wouldn't cooperate for the picture)
And my personal favorite is this amazing pencil drawing... PENCIL! This piece is 8' tall and 35' long. Obviously this is only a tiny piece of it. Completely amazing!
After our Art adventures we headed to the fish ladder to see if we could catch any salmon jumping.
There were a few making the upstream trek and it was so fun to hear the excitement all around us as a fish would make it up the ladder.
It was a great weekend spent making memories and expanding the horizons of my kids' minds. There was nothing like this for me to do when I was a child and I am so thankful for the opportunities my children have to experience culture... Live. Laugh. Love!





I love GR too!!! Why oh why am I moving away? Oh yeah, to be missionaries :) Maybe Africa is super cool too ;)
ReplyDeleteE
We went last Saturday and had a very nice time. Art prize is brilliant. GR is a great city!
ReplyDelete