And I have. I have trusted Him completely and He has blessed amazingly. At one of my bridal showers many years ago, a sweet friend and mentor did a devotional talking about building up a "faith account". Simply put, this is keeping a record of all the times that God has faithfully provided and proved himself. When times are tough, you can make withdraws from the faith deposits because you know that God will provide and can be trusted because He has done so in the past. We have been able to make many wonderful faith deposits this year. We have seen God work in some phenomenal ways. One of my best friends was on death's doorstep after the birth of her 4th baby, and God healed her. When 3 out of 4 patients with this same complication died last year, God chose to heal Erin and has used her and her husband in AMAZING ways ever since (he was using them in in pretty awesome ways before hand too but still...). Jason stepped out in faith and quit his job after 10 of the hardest months of his career without having another job lined up. His last day was on a Friday and he had a job offer the following Monday. God has provided through the darkness. He has proved himself faithful yet again. While I currently see light at the end of this dark forest, I have no doubts that darkness will come again. I am hoping that when that day comes, I can pull from my faith account and walk boldly behind my Father, trusting Him with whatever comes my way.
"For we live by
faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7
For I know the plans I
have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans
to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you
hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"Trust in the Lord with
all your heart and lean
not on your own understanding;6 in all your ways
submit to him, and he
will make your paths straight."
Proverbs
3:5-6

the new blog design looks great!
ReplyDelete