Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Today I Choose...

I was very inspired today by this blog post (thanks Katie T.).  Life is busy.  Busy-ness so often gets in the way.  As a result:

Today I choose...
  • to not lose my temper when a certain adorable 3 year old tells me "No!" and runs in the opposite direction as fast her little feet can carry her when I ask her to play in the backyard.
  • to not go crazy looking for the missing green plate from our Tupperware tea set even though my inner neat freak is dying inside.
  • to not raise my voice at nap time to get my littles to settle down - my gentle one worked just as well.
 
  • to enjoy the sound of the wind in the trees on this *perfect* Michigan summer day.
  • to listen intently to the amazingly creative stories my children want to tell me.
  • to laugh out loud at the same knock knock joke 20 times in a row for the simple joy of hearing my little girls laugh.
  • to put off email and take a bike ride to the library with my kiddos
  • to take the long way home.
  • to dance in the kitchen with my not so little boy.
  • to enjoy the fantastic sunshine.
  • To have dessert BEFORE dinner
 
  • To leave the mess!

 Today I choose to not be selfish...
 
Today I choose them!   

"Lord, in the busy-ness of the days ahead, help me to remember that I have a choice.  Help me to make wise ones and to make a difference for Your Kingdom."

Linking up with:

3 comments:

  1. Really, really like this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if my bosses would be ok if I choose to be selfish by hanging with my nieces and nephew all day?!

    :)

    Your kids will remember the times like this when you choose them over all else!

    ReplyDelete