Two more sleeps until summer break for this special girl! Today was a big day for the kindergartners in Addi's class. It was "move up" day (the day where they visit the first grade classrooms and teachers to get a peek at what's waiting for them next year) and Kindergarten Celebration Day. This buzz of activities has Addison and her classmates super excited for 1st grade and Summer Break, but has this momma a little teary eyed. :)
Things Addi learned during her kindergarten year:
- How to write her full name (and Alexander is no small feat!)
- To count by 5s, 10s, and 2s
- Simple Addition/Subtraction
- How to READ - the girl has taken off! She loves to read books of all kinds... She gets that from me!
- How to write sentences (notice I didn't say how to spell... Its a super treat to figure out what her sentences say. I love when kids write how words sound. Totally makes sense too... Why does English have to be so complicated anyway?!)
- Many moral focus traits
- The importance of friendship
Special Friends:
Arie, Samaya, Elizabeth V.
Favorite Memory:
I really liked the field trips. I liked learning plusing (or addition).



Yay Addi! Glad she had a good year. Bring on Summer!!! :)
ReplyDelete