Micah finishes 2nd grade tomorrow. I can hardly believe that the boy that made me a momma is leaving the lower elementary wing of his school and "movin' on up" to the big time of the "upper" elementary part of the school. He makes me feel old as I am reminded daily of how much he has grown and how much more independent he becomes. Its rewarding, amazing, and even a bit sad to look at how far we've come.
Micah's end of the year field trip was to a local camp for a day of swimming, paddle boating, field games, food, and tons of fun. He loved every minute of it and thought the best part was that he didn't do a lick of school work the "ENTIRE DAY". :) So easy to please!
Things Micah learned this year:
- How to deal with craziness on the playground. Different friends means different dynamics and there were many different scenarios to deal with. He traversed them well.
- Division
- Multiplication
- How to "code" words in phonics (meaning - put all of those funny dictionary phonetic marks into/over/and on a word - which I can't even do)
- What it was like to be a pioneer
- How America got its freedom
- How to be a good friend
I love how far I've also seen him come in reading and math in general. He does both with ease and confidence. He LOVES to read and does so often. You can always find him with a book somewhere (he gets that from me) but not usually the same book each time (he probably has 3-4 books going at any given moment - which he DOES NOT get from me). We are so super proud of our #1 boy!!
Special friend:
Jared
Favorite Memory:
"Everything!"



Way to go Micah!!! 3rd grade. Isn't it crazy?! He looks so old in that last picture!
ReplyDelete