Micah loved, loved, LOVED his time at
Camp Barakel last week! We missed him dearly but are so glad he never got homesick. As a matter of fact he told me he didn't even begin missing home until Thursday (two days in) and even then it wasn't much. I wrote him a note to read every morning when he got up. He read the first one and then read the rest of them on Sunday afternoon! That tells you he was having tons of fun and didn't need the comforts from a momma at home. I have to say that made me feel GREAT and a little sad at the same time. My boy is growing up!!
 |
| Micah and the rest of his tribe praying before dinner. |
 |
| Heading to dinner with friends |
Micah had a great counselor. His name was Dan (aka Danimals) and the boys adored him. He would carry them on his shoulders, chase them around and basically act their age when the time was right. :) Micah said he was a great leader and loved that he was funny. I prayed that whoever Micah got would be a great fit for him. Micah loves "stupid funny" things and Dan met the challenge well. As a mom, I was impressed (and I only saw a fews hours of interaction) at how Dan could corral his crazy boys and call them to order so quickly. You could tell he was loved.
 |
| Micah and "Danimals" |
Micah learned to "boulder" while he was there and even won an award for his abilities on the rock wall. Super proud. His tribe also won the Merit Award earned by doing chores, keeping a clean cabin, learning verses, etc. He got a pin for that one. :) And if you know Micah, you know he is super competitive so winning was a bonus for him and a nice note to go out on.
 |
| Micah receiving his Bouldering Award |
 |
| The Merit Award Winning Red Tribe |
 |
| Micah's home sweet home for the week |
|
So happy Micah was able to make such great memories for his first time at Camp. I look forward to him having many more!
 |
| Proud Camper |
|
Things Micah wants to remember:
- I learned that you can't do enough good stuff to get to Heaven. You have to really believe in Jesus (YES! :) Sweet boy, you've got it! ).
- I loved the water front and swimming!
- Cooking dinner by a fire and play Cops and Robbers in the woods was great!
- Dan was so funny and a good leader.
- Club time was one of my favorite things! I loved playing new games!
So glad he had a fun time! :)
ReplyDelete