Many people know that I am a social worker by trade. Its often funny to watch people's reaction when I say that I am a "social worker". They instantly look at me with sad eyes and comment on how my job must be so tough. Either that, or they will make some comment about taking someone's children away. Its gotten so that now when I say I'm a social worker, I instantly follow it up with, "but I'm a social worker who gets to do fun stuff. I serve families who want to be a part of our programs. I get to work in prevention!" Below is a video that shows who I work for. I thought it would be a great way to explain who Family Futures is and where Healthy Start fits into the picture of the agency I work for. Check it out! (Be on the look out for some super cute kiddos hidden throughout!)
And with all this talk about prevention, I thought I would show you why I do what I do! (Again, watch for my super cute kiddos!)
I love working for an agency where I can see such positive work being done! I am in Connections and I love that it's inspired me and taught me something different with each of my children. If you want more information about what I do or any of our programs, let me know!
So cute!
ReplyDeleteI love the videos and know that prevention can take a LOT of work but it does help create a safe world for kids!! :)
ReplyDelete