Sunday, November 18, 2012

Holes! Holes! Holes!

For years I have been frustrated again and again when I lose another pair of pants to holes in the knees or another pair of shoes to holes in the toes.


I instantly see dollar signs and hear the "cha-ching" of the register in my mind.  It is expensive to keep these kiddos outfitted!

The other day, however, my sweet husband and I were talking about said holes when he said,  "You know, we are really blessed to have kids who have holes in their clothes."  I didn't follow and instantly told him he must be kidding, right?  Jason went on to explain...

We are blessed because we don't have children who would rather sit inside playing video games than being outside running and playing and tumbling across the grass.

We are blessed because we have children who use their imagination and dig in the dirt and get messy as they love the nature that God has created for them to enjoy.

We are blessed because they have the ability to run.  To dig. To slide in the grass. To ride their bikes.  To climb in and jump from trees.  To play tag.  To dive for base.  To enjoy their childhood through physical activity.

I instantly smiled.  He is right. SO right.  Holes in clothes when done on accident, through good hard play, is totally worth it.  Totally a blessing.

Loving these kids...holes and all! :)
 



1 comment:

  1. Jared says that when pants get holes in them, they finally become "cool" pants like the big kids wear. You just have to change your perspective! Holes mean they are "cool", well worn & free (free to be who they really are as kids)!!!

    ReplyDelete