Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Five Favorite Things


Today is such an amazingly beautiful day that I decided I would post some other things that totally make me smile besides this *perfect* weather.


Fully open red roses
Now you can call me boring, but I choose to think that my love of red roses, is classic! :) They will always be one of my very favorite things. I especially love when they open perfectly, just like this one (God's creativity and love for beauty is wonderful). I am amazed every single time. Good thing my sweet husband treats me to them fairly often. He's good like that! ;)


My Vintage Pearl Necklace
I adore this necklace. Its one of my most special Mother's Day gifts ever. While its a pain for me to keep clean (my skin and sterling don't get along so well), I wouldn't trade it for the world. I wear it all the time! Totally my favorite piece of jewelry (next to my wedding ring of course) by far!

Slug Bugs!
One of Micah's friends decided he needed to know about "Slug Bug". While I often curse the fact that my kids spend so much time beating each other in the back seat (kidding - they don't hit that hard), I must admit that its a riot to see everyone get so excited whenever one of these little cars roll by (Carli and Ella included!). Now, even when I'm alone, I can't help but call out "Slug Bug ______" when I spot the object of everyone's affection. Such a fun family game! ;)

McDonalds' Sweet Tea
Nothing quenches my thirst on a hot summer day like McD's sweet tea. For all the terrible food they have and all the reasons NOT to go there to eat, this is the ONE reason I still pull up to the drive thru window.


And Last but certainly NOT least....
This little bugger is AMAZING! I had one today for the first time and am so sad I just discovered this JULY Blizzard of the Month on the 26th! I guess I will have to have one every day for the rest of the month to fully enjoy this decadent treat. It was pure bliss!! Go try one! You won't be disappointed. Here is the description from the DQ blog: truffles, choco chunks and dark, decadent cocoa fudge. Blend them together with creamy vanilla soft serve and you’ve got yourself something worthy of fireworks. I couldn't have said it better myself!

Now go enjoy this perfectly wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment