Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Learning the Hard Way

Right now I am learning the hard way that...

  • I am not the perfect wife, mother, daughter, etc. and never will be. I really need to stop comparing myself to others. Its horrible for my self esteem and they are not who God made ME to be.
  • My children are never going to be those sweet little cherubs you see in pictures who listen on the first time, never fight, and always use their manners.
  • I NEVER want to be a single parent. NEVER. EVER. (God bless and uphold those friends of mine who are and do parent alone on a daily basis. You are earning your jewels in Heaven and I will never discount what you do again.)
  • I under appreciate Jason and all he does for us every day. He is truly a gift from God and I am so glad that I am only without him for two more days.
  • Stepping out in faith when God tells us to isn't always easy and often involves refinement by fire (I hate the process of being refined...Although I do enjoy the end product. ;) )
  • I hate the uncertainty that change often brings.
  • There just aren't enough hours in the day and that having a clean bathroom and a non existent laundry pile isn't making a difference for the Kingdom the way playing on the floor with my 2 year olds does.
  • My children respond better to a well rested, non stressed mommy.

But most of all I am learning the hard way that God loves me even when I make a mess of things and that brings great joy in the struggle.

What are you learning the hard way? Maybe you can save me some time on this bumpy road... :)

1 comment:

  1. Hugs!!! No one is perfect. I've been feeling very similar myself lately. I recently told Nate, "I'm a bad mom!" or something similar because of the behavior issues I was witnessing in the kids. We just gotta keep pressing forward and PRAYING A LOT!!! Praying for you. Jason will be home soon!

    ReplyDelete