Today I came home and let out a scream when I pulled in the drive way. This is what is left of the tree!
Poor mama has no idea what happened. She and Mr. Cardinal spent most of their day flitting around with pieces of food in their mouths looking for their precious little babies... Well Cardinal family, I can tell you what happened... The obnoxious landlord for the house next door cut down the beautiful tree that was your home and took your precious nest and chicks to the curb!
We were devastated. Micah found one of the babies on the ground and we all almost cried. It was such a sad sad sight. It still makes me sad to think about how much time these birds spent looking for their nest and babies today. They were so lost!
We have chalked this up to a lesson in the "circle of life". Between the stray cat (story for another day) and the crazy landlord, birds don't stand a chance in our neighborhood! :) Good thing kids are resilient (I think Jason and I are taking this harder than them) and forget quickly.
On a positive note, we are really enjoying God's creation this summer. The cooler temps, then the warm sunshine, next the rolling thunder and beautiful lightening... Nature changes all around us and makes me so thankful that we serve the God that created it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment