Monday, April 13, 2009

A Tribute...

I was reading my devotional last night and it talked about appreciating those who taught you some of life's most important lessons. It went on to say you should write a letter to that person or people letting them know you are thankful for those moments. I am going to take it a step further and tell my person how special she is and how much she means to me, here on my blog.

Mom,

Thank you so much for the crazy, wonderful way you raised Jerrad and I. You were amazing! Now that I am a mom myself, I appreciate all the more the work you did, the sacrifices made, and the love it took to do the job alone. I don't know how you did it. Some days I can barely do the job and I have a wonderful helper here at home. Thank you!!

Thank you for tons of fun memories: Sundays boating or swimming at Aunt Bette's, family dinner and dishes (always laughing that Jerrad was the LAST one done and always disappeared at dish time), camping (even though you hated it), vacations, and many more.

Thank you for teaching me how to have rock solid faith in Christ. You made ends meet when there was no way to tie them together because you knew that He would provide. Time and time again He would and you would tell us He did. I remember coming home to a house full of groceries that someone had bought us and used the spare key to deliver, and the Christmas where special gifts appeared out of no where the same way. Special deliveries that I'm sure came as a direct result of your prayers and faith. You did an amazing job of instilling the power of prayer in me and for that I am so thankful.

Thank you for teaching me about love, and how to do it unconditionally. Thank you for teaching me manners and not to chase boys - that the right one would come to me (and he did). Thank you for teaching me to relax and let the house be messy - to go, instead, and have fun with my kids.

So many lessons - so little space. You are amazing and I love you!

Thank you!

Brandi


Have you told someone how much they mean to you lately? Maybe you should go do that right now!

3 comments:

  1. B- yet again, you inspire me in a beautiful way! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Brandi! You were right about that. I enjoyed your other posts from today as well, especially the letter to your mom. May we be able to follow well the faithful footprints of our mothers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Brandi! And I agree...your mom is pretty special! :)

    ReplyDelete