Spring is in the air in the Alexander house! Actually, with the melting of the snow and the yuck it has left behind, both Jason and I are feeling like we need to do some Spring cleaning (outside and in). Every year that involves me going through all the kids clothes to see what still fits for summer and what needs to be stored and/or bought in the next few weeks. Micah loves this process as it means trying on almost all the clothes he owns and he gets to see how much he has grown (Addison was new at the process this year). Anyway - the picture below is the result of trying on bathing suits (and dress clothes). Both kids refused to take off the swimwear! They insisted on being able to eat lunch (yes, that's fast food you see... Jason brought us home Wendy's for lunch! The kids are at least eating chicken and oranges!) and take naps in their bathing suits. I had no good reason to say no (if they wanted to freeze of their own accord, that was fine with me) so I allowed it, laughing all the while... Oh to be a kid again and get joy out of such silly things!

Because she felt the need for summer as well, my Mom and Bob went to Florida for vacation last week. On the way home they stopped in Gatlinburg, TN to visit with my aunt who was vacationing there. They brought home these awesome shirts that change color in the sun (thanks Aunt Patty! They LOVE them!) and sunglasses which continued to spur on the desire for warm weather and bright sunshine in our house. Aren't they cute??

On a completely different note, the twins are doing well. I know you all will ask if I don't post about them too so I thought I would save you the trouble. They continue to grow and change everyday. They are both making more and more eye contact and we are starting to get some little grins out of them. I can't wait until we get full fledged gummy smiles! Its coming I can tell! Enjoy some pictures of the girls below!

Ella and Carli (who is about to scream)

Ella
Carli
As you can see, we don't always dress the girls alike. I think its important that they each have thier own identity. However, on this day, they did have more closely related outfits on until Carli decided to ruin hers with a diaper explosion right before she got an ultrasound on her hips (more on that in a minute). I felt so bad for the tech when I took off her pants and there was a mess everywhere. I'm used to it but her??? Well let's just say not so much. :) At least she was a good sport about it. Speaking of the ultrasound - both girls had to have one done on thier hips because of how they were in the womb. Girls have a tendency towards hip displacement due to the wonderful God given gift of "birthing hips". Since there were two girls in my womb and one was breech the chance of displacement was even higher, resulting in the need for ultrasounds to be sure all was well. It was and they were both super stars during the process (even if one was a poopy super star)!
Think Spring!
~Brandi
No comments:
Post a Comment