Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Disney Magic : Day 6 : Hollywood Studios

Friday!  Vacation was almost over!  This was our last day at the parks. Despite being sad that this was the case, we were also looking forward to a very slow and relaxing day on Saturday. At any rate, off to Hollywood Studios we went.  After a super quick ride on the bus, we were entering the gate, off and running.
 
After the traditional photos in front of Mikey's Sorcerer hat, we made a bee line for the Tower of Terror.  While I knew that my bigs were ready to try this ride out, I was surprised by how much the littles wanted to brave the unknown.  I kept telling them that it would be dark, scary and fast but they weren't going to change their minds.  I tossed my hands up in resignation and off we went into the line.  After the first big drop, they were asking if it was finished... If you've been on the ride, you know the answer is no.  If you know me, you know that I love thrill rides.  However, this one wasn't super enjoyable because I didn't know how many times the up and down was going to happen and I was too busy making sure my girls weren't going to pass out to actually enjoy/see what was happening around me.  I thought for sure that when we got off they would say how much they hated the ride.  Oh on the contrary! They squealed with delight asking to go again!  Excuse me?!  You were JUST yelling at me asking to get off - if it was done yet - and you want to go again??  Needless to say they didn't go on again.  Only Addison was open and honest saying - NO WAY am I getting on that thing again.  After that ride, Mom and Bob took the girls to a show while Jason, Micah and I rode Rockin' Rollercoaster.  It was FABULOUS!! :)  Our favorite ride of the day. 
After spending time on the thrill rides, we headed off to another area of the park that was more younger kid friendly.  The girls got to meet Disney Junior's Princess Sofia (made their day), we watched a Disney Junior stage show (while the boys all went on an Walt Disney history tour and some pirate thing), and then rode/played Toy Story Mania.  What a riot that ride is!!!  It takes place in "Andy's room" and is basically a large, 3D arcade game where everyone is competing for the most points.  It was a blast.  If the wait to ride it again wasn't 45 minutes long, we'd have totally done it twice.  Thanks again to fastpass+ for making our wait less than 10 minutes.
Right before lunch, we headed to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground.  The kids have seen this movie several times so the absolutely LOVED this playground.  We made at least two trips here during the day to kill some time between activities and to let the kids just be kids, running around and acting crazy. :)
Our favorite show of the day was Lights Motor Action Extreme Stunt Show.  It was amazing to watch how stunt sequences in movies are made.  Its really very amazing.  I mean I knew it was fake but just how they actually do it was really something.  I wish I had taken a picture of Micah while he was watching it.  Jason said he was sitting there mouth gaping in utter amazement almost the whole time.  Priceless.  He will tell you it was one of his favorite memories of the whole trip.  He will also tell you that his new career of choice is... you guessed it!  A movie stunt driver.  Kill me now! ;)
Some other things we loved about the day were meeting up with the famous Phineas and Ferb (made Micah's day), riding Star Tours and watching Beauty and the Beast the Musical (again the boys bailed on us and went to watch the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular - which they loved).
To end the day, we went to the outdoor amphitheater to watch Fantasmic.  It was an incredible lights/fireworks/water/laser show that had all the characters and was very well done.  Too bad it was 45 minutes late as we had to wait for a storm to pass before they would let us in and get started.  The crowd was CRAZY and at some points I was very afraid my little people would get trampled as everyone poured into the seats after they finally opened the gates.  It was insane - but the kids loved it so that made it worth it.

All in all while we totally enjoyed our day at Hollywood Studios, I probably wouldn't go there again until all my kids were at least 10 years old.  The kids had fun but its not a park that is really made for or designed for them.  There is just so much movie history, how tos, shopping etc that its more of a place that adults enjoy since we understand film and all that goes into making movies.  However, Fantasmic was a nice note to end our Disney Park experiences on.  Our final park day was in the books and we were exhausted.  More than that though, we were happy.  VERY happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment