Take a peek at the pics below for some more of our favorite memories from our day at Epcot!
Traditional photos by the big "golf ball" also known as Spaceship Earth which we couldn't ride because it was being repaired this day.
The kids came face to face with the most famous mouse ever at Epcot. They were thrilled to meet Mickey, Minnie and Pluto. They couldn't get enough of the characters and gave many high fives and hugs. It brought tears to my eyes to see them so excited about meeting these special characters!
As I mentioned at the beginning, Journey into Imagination was one of our favorite rides. The kids loved the ride itself but the interactive sensory lab at the end was the frosting on the cake. Its a must do for younger folks spending time at Epcot.
We ate dinner that night at the Garden Grill in The Land. The Land grows all its own produce, fish, eggs, etc and then uses those things in the Garden Grill and other restaurants around Disney World. In the photos above you can see how they experiment with growing plants. They don't use dirt. You can see the pepper, tomato, and sweet potato "trees" as well as lettuce, kale, etc growing in the trays all above ground. I was amazed. I know this science isn't new to most folks but it was to me and I loved it. Riding through the Land and learning about how growth happened made dinner at the Garden Grill far more interesting for me. The restaurant rotates as you eat so you get different scenery the entire time. Disney characters (like Farmer Mickey above) come to the tables for photos, etc. The kids loved that part and I loved knowing I was eating produce grown in the garden right next door.
We ended the night with Illuminations - the fireworks, laser light, water show that happens in the World Showcase lagoon. I took this shot of Spaceship Earth as the crowds poured out the park after the show. Another good day done!




No comments:
Post a Comment