Pitcher plants : carnivorous plants whose prey-trapping mechanism features a deep cavity filled with liquid known as a pitfall trap. In essence this plant that actually eats bugs is able to trap them, clamp closed and devour the "treat" that is caught inside its sticky liquid and slippery walls. Its really quite amazing. I chose this picture as my "details" photo of the week because the plant itself is beautifully detailed and because its Maker was as well. I mean honestly, when you think about the intricacies that go into making this plant "work" and have a successful "hunt" you can't help but marvel at the work of our God.
What I truly love is that if He cares enough for this plant to feed and nourish it, how much more so does He care for me? He concerns Himself with the daily details of my life. He knows. He cares. He intervenes. I am relieved that even when I can't see all the details unfolding (and I LOVE details...I'm one of those people...) the way I wish they would, He is holding everything in His very capable hands. For all of this, I am more than thankful!
Want to see more detailed photowork? Head on over and check out Laurel's blog!
Cool information! It's a pretty plant, despite its appetite.
ReplyDelete