Monday, August 2, 2010

Addi Girl Turns 4!!


Sweet Addi turned 4 today! We had a blast celebrating with her. She is struggling a little bit lately with being the middle child. She wants to be "big" like Micah and wants all the attention the little ones get. It was great to be able to spend some one on one time with her today. She was very excited about having a day all about her.

We told her that she could pick a place to go with just Jason and I. She choose Chuck E Cheese. We get birthday coupons so we had free tokens and away we went. :)
She had a great time playing the games, riding the rides and not competing against Micah for tickets. :) She loved it!

Then we headed to the mall for pretzels and playtime. She had a pretzel all to herself and didn't have to share with anyone. She LOVED that. :)


Addi chose the place for family birthday dinner... RED ROBIN! YUM! She had originally said McDonald's and were all pleasantly surprised when she changed her mind and wanted to go to "the place with the balloons".
After that it was back home for cake and presents. Since we are having a birthday party for her in a couple of weeks I used store bought cupcakes for tonight. She enjoyed this one because it was more icing than cake! The cake for her party, you ask??? Well that is supposed to be a princess castle...We'll see what we actually get. :)
Addi got some great gifts tonight. A new dress for her party, tons of candy, money, and a back pack full of supplies for preschool this fall. She loved the blue checkered back pack my mom got her. She can't wait to start school!
After that it was bath time and to bed. It was a great day and we are all exhausted! Below is a note to Addison. Read on if you'd like, or stop here and we'll see ya next time!


Sweet Addison,

I love you girlie! You are so special and you make me so proud! I can't believe you are four today! Life just keeps flying by. I just wanted to take a minute here on your birthday to tell you how much you mean to me. You are so kind and sweet. You are such a good listener and you bring me such joy when I hear you singing the songs you make up from your heart. You are ALWAYS singing. Its your passion and you say you'll be a "rock star" some day. I am very curious to see where God takes your love of music, little girl. I am sure He has great things in store for you. This past year, you made Jesus the boss of your life. You asked Daddy to pray with you while you were in the bathtub. It was a great moment. Again - I am curious to see where your precious faith takes you. :) You have great faith already. It amazes me. The prayers you pray for your friends and family are so "grown up". I have no doubts that God is going to use you in a mighty way! This year has been full of changes for you. You can write you name, you can draw pictures of houses, people, and animals. You love doing preschool workbooks and have started to LOVE wearing jewelry and skirts. You are 100% girl, yet 100% tomboy! :) There is nothing you won't try once. I love that!
I am going to close now. You are precious sweet Addison. Never forget that. You are a beautiful, loving little girl and Daddy and I adore you. We thank God for you everyday!

I love you so much!!
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete