My precious little ladies are going to be 8 months soon. This is very bittersweet for this mama as I watch my last babies move out of the baby stage and head into the "explorer" stage of life. I can't believe how much they have changed over the last week. Its crazy! They are eating finger foods now and love it. It won't be long until they kiss baby purees good bye (and I can't wait!). They understand who they are - which I thought might take a little longer than normal since they are always together and hearing each other's names - and they understand more and more of what I say. It amazing to watch. They are such blessings! I decided that in this post I would show you what each of the girls do best. Let's start with smiling... They both do a fabulous job of this! :)
While the girls both smile and laugh and do many other things the same. They are also doing some things differently, which I love. Carli is a master at sitting up. She can get into a sitting position on her own and stays there playing for several minutes at a time. She rolls to get places and can get up on her hands and knees but doesn't go anywhere. She loves to sit and play until everyone (including Ella) leaves the room and she is all alone. Then she'll fuss and grunt until someone comes to keep her company. :) Such a cutie! The two pictures below are of Carli doing what she does best... Sitting up!
Ella on the other hand, sits up but doesn't stay put for very long. We keep practicing but she loves being on her belly and "inchworming" all over the house. She has mastered this skill and is really fast at it. Its great to watch (I included a video below). If she sees something she wants, you'd better believe she'll find a way to get it. She has even attempted to climb up the first stair in the hallway! Look out world, this girl is on the move! Below are pictures of Ella doing what she does best... moving!
Until next time, thanks for reading!
What sweeties! I need to meet these precious babies in person before they aren't babies anymore!
ReplyDelete