First of all, sorry, but there will be no pictures in this update. The babies have grown so much that getting a good ultrasound picture of them now is getting difficult. I could take the time to post the ones I have from yesterday but they are pretty hard to decipher so if/when I see you in person, ask to see them, I'll have them with me. :)
Anyway - both babies are doing well. They are still measuring right on for a February 22 due date. Good thing we have scheduled a c-section for February 5th. Otherwise, I think I would have one of those record setting pairs of twins in the weight arena. ;) Just kidding... Although I really wonder if they will be tiny at all as they already weigh in at 3# 2 oz and 2# 12 oz with several weeks left to go. Jason's guess is a 6 pounder and a 5 pounder. We'll see how close he is in the end.
The babies are sitting in a "yen/yang" position. Baby A is head up while Baby B is head down. I keep thinking that must be so uncomfortable to be kicked in the head all day but Dr. Johnson assures me they don't care. :) Speaking of positioning, the babies had moved in position SO much that the ultrasound tech had a very hard time establishing who was who this time. The only reason we think we have it right is because Baby B has always been my mover/shaker so we banked on that to help with positioning this time. Now that one out weighs the other, it should be easier to tell the difference.
For those of you who know I'm considering a VBAC, I talked to Dr. Johnson about this being off the table now that one is breech. She quickly said, "They move all the time. This one could flip tomorrow." While I think that's impossible with the small amount of room in there, she doesn't, so we are still considering the VBAC (although I am getting more nervous about it as time goes by). We'll see what happens...
Until next time... Have a great day! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment