Monday, January 27, 2014

And Just Like That!

This sweet baby boy has become...
... this sweet, handsome young man.


I've been a momma for 10 years now.  10 YEARS PEOPLE!  And while I know I've learned a thing or two since the baby days above, I'm under no illusion what so ever that I know everything.  I still have SO much to learn about parenting.  One thing I know for certain is that this mommy journey is nothing like I expected it to be.  Before you become a parent yourself, you have grand expectations of what life with kids will be like.  You imagine your children being these pristine and obedient little creatures whom you love being with at all times.  Then you get into the trenches and realize that those mental pictures are far from the reality and that you learn the most about parenting through the trials and joys of the day to day adventures you are presented with.  Its been an amazing ride and it has completely changed my life.

Ten years ago Micah made his grand entrance and melted my heart.  He is a delight.  I adore him.  He is my parenting "guinea pig" and thankfully is very resilient as Jason and I navigate uncharted waters with him. :)  He has his daddy's sense of humor and my strong will.  Both will serve him well when used correctly (we are working on that).  He is kind and tenderhearted and still thinks girls are "gross" (LOVE that).  He loves Jesus and is growing each day in his own faith with our Father.  Its amazing to watch.  I can't believe he is ten!




Sweet Micah,
I will only get away with calling you sweet in public for another minute before you begin rolling your eyes and saying, "Moooommmm!"  I simply want you to know how incredibly proud of you I am and how thankful I am for who you are and the young man you are becoming.  You are so fun to be around and bring so much life and energy to our family.  Your sisters adore you and you endure many girly playtimes investing in them.  :)  I can't believe you are finally in the double digits of life.  10!  My boy you are 10!  I love that growing up brings you so much excitement and you can rest assured that I'll keep you little for as long as I can. :)  Looking forward to seeing what adventures this new year ahead holds for you!  
I'll love you forever and like you for always,  
Momma

3 comments:

  1. Posts like this always make me suddenly and acutely aware of some dust in my eyes...hrm. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... My son definitely has been blessed with a fantastically beautiful mom, inside and out! LOVE her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post. Happy Birthday, Micah! And, that settles it, I'm not letting Emilia turn 10. She has to stay 9 forever. It's going too fast. ;)

    ReplyDelete