I'm not mourning them being 5 though. I like 5. At 5, you are still the world to your kids but they can do SO much on their own. At 5, they LOVE to help cook and clean and do things with and for you. At 5, they have amazingly creative imaginations and don't care what their friends think. At 5, they are beginning to read and learn that letters and numbers actually mean something and when they read their first word you sit back and shake your head in wonder. At 5, they still ask for help and ask questions about everything. At 5, there is still so much wonder in the world and the silliest things make you laugh and giggle for an eternity. At 5, the whole world is still at your finger tips and you don't even know it. I could freeze time right now and be more than happy with where we are in life. Five is FABULOUS!
This year will hold huge changes ahead for our family as Carli and Ella head off to school in the fall and as they become more independent than they have ever been (is that even possible? Ha!). We are entering a new phase of life as my littles move from being preschoolers to school age. Watch out world, Carli and Ella are on the way! ;)
Dear Carli,
Thank you for bringing so much joy and spunk to our lives. I love the laugh that comes from deep within you and how creative and energetic you are. You have my temper and strong will. I'm sorry. :) But you also give amazing hugs and still love to cuddle and be "my girl". You have such a spirit of perseverance. You used that gift and taught your self to ride a 2 wheeled bike this past summer. You just kept trying and trying until you got it. Daddy and I stood back amazed and proud (and a little sad that you didn't need us). You bring us much delight little girl and I am so thankful that God blessed us with you in our family. I'd freeze time right now if I could, but since I can't, you can know that your mommy prays for you every single day and that I can't wait to see what the future holds as we move through it together. Some of my greatest memories involve walking hand in hand with you.
I love you to the moon times infinity! ;)
Momma
Dear Ella,
My baby. My last little (even though its only by a minute). You bring up the rear of the Alexander clan but in no way does that make you last. As a matter of fact your spunk and spirit have you right at the front of the line leading the way into who knows what kind of adventure ahead. You are fearless and will try almost anything but I love that you still check to make sure Daddy or I are close by to catch you if you fall. You are my girliest girl and it melts my heart. You love to dress up and do your hair and nails, but you also love to play in the dirt and wear a koolaid mustache. You bring so many smiles and so much joy to our family. Momma prays for you every single day too and I look forward to the journey together in the crazy years that are ahead. You are what made our family circle complete and I treasure the memories of our sacred special one on one moments together.
I love you more and more and more and more!
Momma
And finally, Jason - here's to you! With God at the helm, we have survived getting our children to this point. We are out of the baby/toddler trenches and on to the next challenging adventure ahead. You are amazing and have been (and are) the most incredible daddy to watch with our kids. You are my heart and my rock and I look forward to traveling this journey with you as we work to raise the next generation of Alexander God loving/fearing adults. I love you!
So, so sweet. What a great mom you are. You always bring tears to my eyes in the letters you write your kiddos. Love you friend.
ReplyDelete