Friday, June 21, 2013

Lessons Learned

They say you are eternally a student. That you are always discovering new things about yourself.  And its true.  I am amazed at the new things I learn each day.  In that regard, I share with you a list of 10 lessons recently learned (big and small) that have made an impact on my 30 something year old self...
  1. Ink pens, my favorite shorts, and the dryer do not mix...  Don't ask.  Just believe. ;)
  2. I CAN run over 6.2 miles.  I have recently journeyed into the land of double digit runs.  My "small" runs were beginning to get boring and I wasn't feeling very challenged anymore.  Enter my good friend Kate.  "Anyone up for 12 miles at 6am on a summer Saturday morning?" she asks.  I crazily agree to go along for the adventure not promising I would survive.  Guess what?  I did.  And my first half marathon is on the horizon...
  3. Playdough should not get wet.  Ever.  Just ask the 4 year old with blue hands.
  4. Glitter is the craft supply that never dies. 'Nough said.
  5. No Bake Cookies still taste good, even if you don't remember all the ingredients.  Who needs a recipe anyway?  Experimenting is A-OK! (The internal rule follower in me revolts!)
  6. My husband rocks... Ok. Ok.  I know this isn't a new lesson learned by any means but he does and I just wanted to tell you. :)
  7. I am addicted to Spoonlickers.  Hello my name is Brandi and I have a problem... But its OH SO GOOD!
  8. I am actually excited about homeschooling my twins for their preschool year.  I love the planning and the prep.  I love the looks of excitement as they learn something new (yes, we have already started. The "bigs" have bridge books to do this summer, so the "littles" want to "do school" too.)  Now if I just had a tad bit more patience...
  9. My new favorite food just might be avocado.  That's right Katie P., after years of denial, I have come over to the "green" side.  YUMMO!
  10. I am completely in love with the life I am currently blessed with.  My husband, my children, the house we live in, the job I have... I am reminded daily that I am so taken care of and provided for by my GREAT and MIGHTY God.  Even when things aren't perfect (which is basically always), He is so so GOOD!

What are you learning these days?!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post, Brandi! Love to hear all these things - funny, cute, and just plain good stuff. :) Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete