Monday, December 10, 2012

Going out on a limb...


There's a lot going on in the Alexander family these days.  Some fun things, some stressful things, some in between.  Big and little decisions need to be made and with that comes the pressure of knowing what is right and God's will for our lives.  So how appropriate that I read this in my devotion from Jesus Calling last night:

"Be willing to go out on a limb with Me.  If that is where I am leading you, it is the safest place to be. Your desire to live a risk-free life is a form of unbelief.  Your longing to live close to Me is at odds with your attempts to minimize risk.  You are approaching a crossroads in your journey.   In order to follow Me wholeheartedly, you must relinquish your tendency to play it safe. 

Let me lead you step by step through this day.  If your primary focus is on Me, you can walk along perilous paths without being afraid.  Eventually, you will learn to relax and enjoy the adventure of our journey together.  As long as you stay close to Me, My sovereign Presence protects you where you go."

I LOVE this.  I love that God knew exactly what I needed to hear and it has impacted my heart and mind a powerful way.  The decision to move out on to the limb is a scary one.  I joke with Jason that we are either safe out on the limb holding tight to Christ's hand or its going to be a long fall when the branch breaks. :)

Are you willing to move out onto the limb?  Out of the comfort zone of planning, checking and double checking?  In all honesty I don't know exactly what branch God is moving us toward but I am praying that I will be willing to take the next steps no matter how freaked out I might be... :)


2 comments:

  1. LOVE this post! Definitely something we have been talking and praying a lot about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could your branch take you to Kenya with me??? :)
    E

    ReplyDelete