Sunday, October 7, 2012

Refreshed

Life has been crazy lately.  I feel like I have been on a giant hamster wheel running my legs off but not moving forward an inch.  The calendar is full to the brim and every night has something that needs to be accomplished.  Every night that is, until this past weekend...  These past four days have been a refreshment to my soul (my weekend is Thursday - Sunday each week).  Outside of a few errands that needed to be run, I had no commitments.  The evenings were free.  The mornings were blissfully empty and I was able to sit back, take a deep breath and really enjoy life.

Here's a peek into my world this weekend...

Usually my bed is made as soon as my feet hit the floor... Not this weekend... I don't think I made it until after lunch.  Quite liberating. ;) (and my neat-nick husband is having a bit of a fit because I am posting this picture on here.)


I may have let the girls watch two Mickey Mouse Clubhouses and Jake and the Neverland Pirates before turning off the TV...

I may have left the bathroom a bit messy... (again, Jason is dying a bit inside that this is making its way onto the blog.  But it was clean before he came home from work.  I promise!)

I decided to relish the every day moments and take shots of the kids on the playground after school.  Little did I know this was going to be the last nice day in a long stretch of cold, yucky ones.




We enjoyed the fun of fall!


You would have thought it was Christmas with the excitement that the kids had for playing in a big pile of leaves.

Who knew you could have so much fun riding the stairs holding hands?


These two!  They can ride down the stairs for hours... Too bad I'm pretty sure one of them is going to end up rolling down the stairs head over heels one of these times.

I loved LIVING life this weekend.  Loved the time with my sweet family.  Loved that it refreshed my very weary soul.  SO. BLESSED.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to have some down time. It's very important! Even though you didn't escape to a hotel by yourself to do it... ;)
    It's cracking me up that Jason is so bothered by those "messy" pictures. Ha! Don't let him come to my house... ;)

    ReplyDelete