Once again I am behind in blogging. Thanks to Facebook I get pictures posted for everyone to see and then don't really feel the need to rush over here and post them again. At any rate, since this blog is somewhat "the story of us" and because I have been very faithful to do birthday posts ever since I created this blog, I felt I need to get a post up about the girls birthday. :)
Carli and Ella had a great 2nd birthday. I can't believe they are two already! The time has flown by and they are growing up so fast. We celebrated with family and a few close friends (not a big party year this year). They got a ton of great gifts: fancy new Easter dresses (I can't wait for them to wear them), bikes, baby accessories, super cute outfits, little Elmos, shoes and money for their savings accounts. The party went smoothly and without any two year old tantrums. ;)
At any rate, we are so thankful for these little miracles. They challenge us far more than the others ever did but they also bring so much joy. :)
Things to remember about Carli at age 2:
- She is a bit of a "ditzy" blonde. :) I say that with great love but she really is funny. I think she forgets she gets into trouble and then just does the exact same thing seconds later. Not out of defiance but out of forgetfulness half the time. When it doesn't infuriate me, it makes me laugh.
- "Yesa Ma'am"
- LOVES to give hugs and kisses.
- Talks a blue streak - in sentences.
- Can count to ten with a little help.
- Sings Clean up Clean Up and Jesus Loves Me
- Can't go anywhere without Ella easily. You'll spend much time answering the question, "Where Ella go?"
- Had pnuemonia and was the sickest I've seen any of my kids be. Totally broke this mama's heart.
- Is a GREAT colorer.
- Is super mean to Ella but loves her dearly as well. Such an interesting dynamic. I often wonder what the future holds. :)
Things to remember about Ella at age 2:
- Is JUST like her mama: stubborn and wants her own way. She is the "payback" my aunt had hoped for. ;)
- Is the instigator of trouble... She was the first one to climb out of bed and hide, climb over the gate, etc.
- Has a terrific laugh.
- Talks in sentences and asks lots of questions.
- Loves to read and listen to stories.
- Loves to sing.
- Loves to go outside.
- Hates to sleep. :)
- LOVES to have her picture taken, especially by Uncle Jerrad.
- Is a GREAT climber and has fantastic motor skills.
- Has wonderful manners and is full of please and thank yous.
No comments:
Post a Comment