7 years old!! SEVEN! I can't believe my "baby boy" turned 7 last week. Usually I do a sentimental post complaining about time moving too fast and other bitter sweet mommy-isms but not this time. While its true that I can't believe he's seven already and the time is flying by, I am thrilled by the boy Micah has become. God has truly blessed us! He is a riot to be around and overall is a really great person.
Micah's actual birthday fell on a Saturday. He and two friend's headed to the new Kroc Center for some swimming and fun before coming back to our house for the big "Lego" party! We only do "friend birthday parties" on milestone birthday years (1,5,10,16,18,21), the others are celebrated by parties with family a choice of 1-2 close friends. It's great! The kids know what to expect and never complain. This was the first year though that Micah had a hard time actually picking just 1-2 friends. There are many play dates in our future!
He had this built the very next day! He now has a complete police fleet, a huge jail, a paddy wagon, a money truck, a bank, and many, many robbers and policemen. I have to say, its pretty stinkin' cool!
Some things to remember about Micah this year...
- He started LOVING Legos.
- He can read chapter books.
- He is super great at memorizing Bible verses.
- He can make his own breakfast.
- He played soccer and now wants to play basketball.
- His favorite food is baked ziti.
- He wants to be a policeman when he grows up.
- A few of his favorite friends are Jared and Emry from school.
- He LOVES people and LOVES making them laugh.
We love you sweet Micah boy! Happy Birthday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment