Friday, September 17, 2010

Can it be???

That Addi is really old enough to go to preschool?? I still remember the day back in this post when Micah began his first day of school. When it was time to get up that morning, Micah told Addi to say, "first day of school! first day of school!" I laughed remembering he did the same thing way back when. Addi goes to the same preschool Micah went to. She goes in the afternoons and has a much smaller class than Micah did. Its really good for her though because she isn't as outgoing at first and the smaller amount of kids makes it easier for her to be engaging and not shy. She LOVES having the same teacher Micah had. I love it because I know her and because Addi is so comfortable with her. I will admit I was pretty nervous about Addison going to school. She likes to dance to the beat of her own drummer, doesn't like fine motor activities all that much, and rarely sits to do anything. I didn't know how such a structured environment would work for her. She has proven herself well. She LOVES going each day (as noted by the number of times she asks if its time to go yet during the mornings) and is doing really well in all the activities. She loves singing the songs she has learned and she tells me TONS about the day. All I have to do is ask. :)

Getting ready to go!

Riding to school

Going in!

Getting ready to "fly the nest" on her own...

I will admit I did get a bit teary eyed leaving her behind the first day but she was so happy to be there I couldn't be sad for long. I just can't believe I have another child in school already... Man! I'm getting old! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment