Carli.
Now I am not going to complain - because I love these girls to death - but I have never been challenged in parenting before like I am with them. I like to think of myself as a 'good mom'. God has blessed me beyond measure! But boy, these two give me a run for my money! As a result when the evening is here and the house is quiet, I can barely think of trying to be creative enough to write a blog entry. :)
Let me give you one example of how these little ladies keep life interesting...
Up until yesterday, neither of them could open a door. LOVED that. Being that we have a door on every room in our house (including the kitchen) we could easily keep my busy explorers contained in the living room or their bedroom. Yesterday was an especially busy day because I was hosting a jewelry show last night so I had cleaning, cooking, etc to do before Jason came home and my jeweler showed up. I was in the kitchen when I heard the door open. I turned to see what Micah or Addison needed (since of course, no one else could open the door) and who did I see standing there, ELLA! She had found a way to use the steps that lead upstairs as a stool to stand on so that she could reach and turn the door knob. Fantastic! I was so thrilled! Right. Anyway, I told her she couldn't come in an closed the door. A few minutes later I heard the door open again and this time I heard a little voice saying "Doh, Doh!" (GO! GO!) Ella had opened the door and Carli was pushing her through it shouting GO GO! Jailbreak! Needless to say I couldn't help but laugh and productivity for the day slowed down considerably.
In all seriousness though, there is NEVER a dull moment here. I love it though and am thankful God has given us the desire of our hearts by giving us our precious family of 4. He even blessed us by giving us twins (something we had always wanted - watch out what you ask for ;) ). I keep this in mind when I am pulling my hair out in frustration. I definitely don't want to take a moment of it all for granted.
All of this to say - this is why I never have time to 'blog'. There are just so many other things that are more important. I will try to do better. I promise (that is if you even care! ;) )!
So now for the real reason you are here... Pictures and updates about the kids...
Micah
Addison
Carli
Ella
Of course there are many other things happening with all four kiddos but that will have to be a story for another day... Until then,
Happy 4th of July! (look below for pictures of our stay-cation last week)
No comments:
Post a Comment