Sunday, February 7, 2010

We've Come Along Way Babies!!

Look at these precious little babies! So TINY, so new, so beautiful. This picture still brings tears of joy to my eyes. My girls! My last pregnancy, my last babies... My family was made complete one year ago. What a year its been! :)

This past Friday we celebrated Carli and Ella's 1st Birthday. I'm sure you didn't miss that fact if you follow me on Facebook or if you've been around me at all over the last week. We're excited! I've mentioned before that we are celebrating survival as much as their births. God is good and He gave us extraordinary strength and patience over the past 12 months. I'm not saying I (or we) didn't have my rough times but overall the good times out weighed the bad. Jason and I were talking about the past year last night and he said, "You know, I don't remember it ever being that bad." We had been told by other twin parents that the first 6 months were going to be the worst of our lives. But we don't remember it that way. Other than not sleeping through the night until 7 months, the girls have been easy babies. Maybe it wasn't that bad because we knew these babies would be our last. I wanted to treasure each moment (most of the time... as long as those moments didn't come at 4 am). And I have! And now look at my little ladies!!!

They are ready to take on the world. Walking and getting into everything, these two never leave a dull moment. There is generally a mess in every room of the house all courtesy of them. Seriously, these two create more mess than Micah and Addi combined. They empty any drawer, basket, toy bin, cupboard, etc that they can get their hands on. Most of the time its hilarious... other times not so much. :) They love to give hugs, play "So Big", and play with Little People. They still aren't talking yet but I'm sure that's because they are too busy getting into everything! Micah and Addison adore them and our family a circus (see my last post). We. are. blessed! The next two sections of this post are to the girls. You can peek at my thoughts if you want, otherwise, have a great night! :)

Dear Carli,
Happy Birthday sweet girl! Last year, on the night before your birthday, I couldn't wait to meet you. The morning of your birth, I was giddy with excitement and then there you were! Now you are walking, rolling a ball back and forth to me, and making kissy sounds when I ask for kisses at night. You bring me so much joy! You are the more laid back baby. You have your Mommy's looks and your Daddy's personality - easy going and fun to be around. You don't get mad very easy and you love to play with your brother and sisters. You have a great smile and you melt my and Daddy's heart! You are so special Carli Suzanne and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you. I pray daily that you grow up to be a strong woman with great faith. It will be fun to see what's in store.
I love you Carli girl!
Mommy

Dear Ella,
My baby! My very last born! I was watching the video of you entering the world a couple of days ago and realized then that you struggled to get here. They had a hard time delivering you. You didn't make it easy for them. I smile at that because you still don't make things easy. :) You are my spunky girl! You are very much like your momma(but look just like your Daddy)! :) Strong willed and willing to fight to the death to get your way. While you can get fired up in an instant, you have a sweet side too. Your laugh is FANTASTIC and I love to hear it. You are walking, playing "So Big", eating off a big plate, and drinking from a straw cup. You bring me so much joy! I look forward to seeing what's in store for you in the years ahead. I pray for you daily and look forward to watching you grow in life and faith.
I love you baby girl!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment