Thursday, January 14, 2010

A letter to my boy...


My Sweet Micah,

Six years ago at this time, Daddy and I were headed to the hospital with great excitement at the thought of welcoming you into the world. January 14th was the day you were due and I was SO ready to meet you. I have tons of memories of that evening. It was snowing like crazy!! I decided that I was going to go shovel snow in hopes that it would make your arrival into the world happen a bit sooner. Guess what?! It worked! :) An hour after I finished shoveling, my water broke and we were off. I can still see the look on your Daddy's face when I said, "This is it!" 13 hours later I was holding you for the first time! It was amazing! YOU are amazing my boy!

Now I look at you and can't believe you are SIX years old. The time has flown by and you are growing up so fast. I love watching you grow up and learn new things every day. You can read books now, you can tie your own shoes, and you memorize songs and verses in an amazingly quick amount of time. You are a HUGE blessing to our family! You are a fabulous big brother and all your little sisters adore you. Addison wants to be just like you and you can make the babies laugh like no one else. You are so kind and gentle (although completely all boy as well) and have such a great love for Jesus and your family. Your laugh melts my heart and your hugs warm my soul. You are precious my dear baby boy! So SO precious!

I am so excited to see what God has in store for you in the future. I pray for you daily and am sure you will go far. A couple of months ago you told me you were going to be a builder when you grew up and that you were going to build me a great big house. I can't wait! :)

You are such a special boy Micah. And I love you more than words can say!!
Happy birthday, Buggy Lou! :)
(one of these days you'll be so embarrassed that I put that in writing)


2 comments:

  1. Micah will so love your letter someday. What a treasure that he will have from you. You are a wonderful mother to your children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Jason that I finally figured how to comment on your post.

    Carol Genther

    ReplyDelete